Saturday, January 9, 2010

Book Review- 20th Century Children's Treasury: PIcture Books and Stories to Read Aloud by Janet Schulman























Published by Knopf Books For Young Readers, September, 1998
320 Pages
5 stars

I found this awesome book a couple weeks ago at a book store for $1! I could NOT pass this amazing deal up. This book is chalked full of all sorts of amazing books. It's taken a couple of weeks to read this with my kids, but at over 300 pages, it's been well worth it.

There's so many stories I knew as a child and ones I've never heard off. There's so many classic stories in here that both my children and I have loved reading this book and will continue to read from over and over again.

Here's a list of the books with in this books:
* Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
* Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault
* Swimmy by Leo Lionni
* A Chair For My Mother by Vera B Williams
* Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
* The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
* The Letter by Arnold Lobel
* Freight Train by Donald Crews
* Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
* A Million Fish..More or Less by Patricia C. McKissack
* A Boy, A Dog and A Frog by Mercer Mayer
* Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag
* Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
* Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
* Curious George by H.A. Rey
* I Hear, I See, and I Touch by Helen Oxenbury
* Miss Nelson Is Missing by Harry Allard
* Titch by Pat Hutchins
* Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
* The Cat Club by Esther Averill
* Sylvester and The Magic Pebble by William Steig
* Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathman
* Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
* Stevie by John Steptoe
* The Tub People by Pam Conrad
* In Which Pooh Goes Visiting... By A.A. Milne
* Bedtime for Frances by Russell Hoban
* The Stinky Cheese Man by Jon Scieszka
* The Story of Babar by Jean de Brunhoff
* The Berenstain Bears and the Spooky Old Tree by Stan and Jan Berenstain
* The Elves in the Shelves by Joan Aiken
* Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang
* Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
* D.W. The Picky Eater by Marc Brown
* Petunia by Roger Duvoisin
* First Tomato by Rosemary Wells
* Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish
* I Am A Bunny by Ole Risom
* Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
* Whose Mouse Are You? by Robert Klaus
* Owen by Kevin Henkes
* The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
* The Sneetches by Dr Seuss
* The Story of Little Babaji by Helen Bannerman

So many amazing stories in one big treasury. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~