Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Interview with The 13th Reality & The Maze Runner series author, James Dashner






























Today we're honored to have author James Dashner on our blog! James is the fabulous author behind The 13th Reality and The Maze Runner series. Recently we had the chance to interview James, and ask him a few questions about The Maze Runner series.

How would you describe your series for The Maze Runner?
I’d call it a post-apocalyptic dystopian tale of teenagers being subjected to a grueling set of trials for an extremely important reason that I can’t tell you. Yet.

From the start of The Maze Runner, to the end of The Scorch Trials, which character do you feel has grown up the most and why?
Thomas, for sure. You won’t understand his transition fully until the third book, but he has changed drastically from who he was before the Maze.

Which of your characters would you form an alliance/friendship with and why?
I really, really like Brenda. She’s spunky, tough, and pretty but not annoyingly so. Don’t tell my wife!

Lately it seems that a lot more books being published are geared towards the male readers, both for MG and YA readers, which sadly wasn't the case a few years ago. Growing up, what authors or books had an impact on you as a male reader?
Judy Blume when I was really young, then Stephen King and Dean Koontz. Stephen King is my hero and my goal in life is to have dinner with him. Please spread the word.

Have you read anything lately that you'd recommend to us?
The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

___________________________

Thank you so much James for being with us today!

Be sure to visit James on his site here and follow him on Twitter here .

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read The 13th Reality, but I LOVE the Maze Runner series. While it seems geared to boys because of the male character, my girls have fallen in love with the series too. I have kids pop into my office all the time to talk about the book, which is great because I haven't had kids dissect a book like this since Harry Potter. (We all have our theories about the tests). So, to Mr. Dashner, from myself and all of my students: We would like to have the next book now.

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer- That is so fantastic that your students adore his books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the interview.
    I enjoyed reading the Maze Runner series and how you don't know what is really going on or why. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interview!! Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading both series with my DS!

    ReplyDelete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~