Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beyonders by Brandon Mull

Brandon Mull has a new series and book 1, Beyonders is out TODAY!

Beyonders A World Without Heroes
By Brandon Mull
Published by Aladdin (Simon and Schuster)

Jason Walker has often wished his life could be a bit less predictable--until a routine day at the zoo ends with Jason suddenly transporting from the hippo tank to a place unlike anything he's ever seen. In the past, the people of Lyrian welcomed visitors from the Beyond, but attitudes have changed since the wizard emperor Maldor rose to power. The brave resistors who opposed the emperor have been bought off or broken, leaving a realm where fear and suspicion prevail.
In his search for a way home, Jason meets Rachel, who was also mysteriously drawn to Lyrian from our world. With the help of a few scattered rebels, Jason and Rachel become entangled in a quest to piece together the word of power that can destroy the emperor, and learn that their best hope to find a way home will be to save this world without heroes.


Brandon will be at Book People on Monday, March 28th at 3 pm! I hope you see you guys there!

2 comments:

  1. I had a chance to review A WORLD WITHOUT HEROES and I loved it! It's going to a great one for kids who like Artemis fowl and Percy Jackson. While I liked the idea of the Fablehaven series, I found it a bit tedious at times, but AWWH moves along at a great pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read it!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~