Thursday, June 7, 2012

Book Review: Red Knit Cap Girl by Naoko Stoop


By: Naoko Stoop
Published by: Little Brown Kids
Released on: June 4th, 2012
Source: book from publisher to review
5 stars: This is a MUST Have!
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Red Knit Cap Girl is a little girl with a big dream -- to meet the Moon.
Red Knit Cap Girl lives with her animal friends in an enchanted forest. There is so much to see and do, but more than anything Red Knit Cap Girl wishes she could talk to the Moon. Join Red Knit Cap Girl and her forest friends on a journey of curiosity, imagination, and joy as they search for a way to meet the Moon. 

Gorgeously illustrated on wood grain, Red Knit Cap Girl's curiosity, imagination, and joy will captivate the hearts of readers young and old as her journey offers a gentle reminder to appreciate the beauty of the natural world around us
-quoted from Goodreads

If there's only one children's picture book you pick up this year, this is the one to get! Naoko's beautiful illustrations and heartwarming story capture the heart of imagination for those both young and old. It's a lovely story about friendship, adventure, and captures the essence of childhood perfectly. Red Knit Cap Girl and her woodland friends want to meet the moon. How does one go about doing that? You'll have to jump into this story's delightful world and take the journey with Red Knit Cap Girl to find out. I promise the journey will be worth it!

Not one to want to cut a book apart, I freely admit the illustrations in this book made me want to actually remove the pages just so I could frame them and hang them. They're that cute! Thank you to Little Brown, I've got two spreads from Naoko Stoop's book to share with you today. The first one is one of my absolute favorite pictures from the book (click the image to enlarge it).


See what I mean? How could you resist such adorable illustrations. Forget hanging these pictures up in the nursery, I want one of these in my office. 


Red Knit Cap Girl is a story I HIGHLY recommend picking up. It's not just a story young readers will enjoy, but one that "older" readers will too. I'm looking forward to reading many more adventures of Red Knit Cap Girl and Enchanted Forest Friends. 

If you love Naoko's illustrations, I highly recommend checking out her Esty shop.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! love those illustrations! thank you for the review, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Aren't the illustrations amazing. The book is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an awesome book, with enchanting illustrations. I came across your blog today.

    ReplyDelete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~