Monday, December 29, 2014

The Last Christmas Tree by Stephen Krensky, Book Review


By: Stephen Krensky
Published by: Dial (Penguin Kids)
Released on: 10.16.14
Ages: 5 and up
Source: purchased book
Rating: 5 Owlets - I Loved It
Purchase from: Amazon | B&N
Add it to Goodreads

Among the grand balsam firs and pines at the Christmas tree lot is a little hunched tree that is missing several branches. Still, no tree is more filled with the spirit of Christmas. As the weeks go by, many others are selected but still the little tree keeps up its hope of finding the perfect family. On Christmas Eve, now the last tree in the lot, a special visitor (Ho, Ho, Ho!) might just give the little tree what it wants most of all.

I realize it's now after Christmas, but I have to share my love of this book. This is a book I picked up today for a steal of a deal at the book store. Just in case you didn't know, Barnes & Noble has all their Christmas books marked at 50% off! There was no way I could say no to prices like that. 

If you love the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, wait until you read about this Christmas Tree.

A wonderful story that captures the magic of the Christmas season. This is a book with a heartwarming story that children of all ages will love. Had it not been for a friend of who works at Penguin, I would not have even heard about this book. What is sad, because this has become one of my favorite children's Christmas books. The story is beautiful told. The illustrations are lovely. This book is absolutely fabulous. I loved it! This is a Christmas book I highly recommend picking up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~