It's SUMMER TIME and that means Summer Reading! This morning Scholastic shared a great article via their Facebook page from Parents.com listing their all time favorite books for 10 years olds. I've included their list below and then added a few other series I think are great for reading. Summer is the perfect time to get your reader hooked on a great series.
I really like this list! It's a great mix of new, classic, and widely popular books that kids 8-10 love reading.
I often times get asked what books I'd recommend for readers 9-11 years old, and more often then not I have a hard time listing my favorites, because kids at this age are at various stages of reading levels. I would recommend many of the books listed above, but and I would also like to add a few others that I feel are fabulous series as well.
* Beyonders series by Brandon Mull
* The League of Princes series by Christopher Healy
* The Unwanted series by Lisa McMann
* Five Kingdoms by Brandon Mull
* Wildwood Chronicles by Colin Meloy & Carson Ellis
* The Keeper of the Lost Cities series by Shannon Messenger
* The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen
* Ever After High series by Shannon Hale
* The School for Good & Evil series by Soman Chainani
I hope that in sharing this list, and adding to it with my own list, that it will help you in finding something that your child will be able to read and fall in love with reading this summer. Cheers to SUMMER READING!