Monday, January 25, 2016

I Am Pusheen The Cat by Claire Belton / Book Review


By: Claire Belton
Published by: Touchstone
Released on: October 20th, 2013
Rating: 5 Owlets - We Loved It!
Source: Purchased Book
Purchase from: Amazon | B&N
Add it to Goodreads

Who is Pusheen? This collection of oh-so-cute kitty comic-featuring the chubby, tubby tabby who has taken the Internet by storm-will fill you in on all the basics.

Things you should know about Pusheen.
Birthday: February 18
Sex: Female
Where she lives: In the house, on the couch, underfoot
Her favorite pastime: Blogging, sleeping
Her best feature: Her toe beans
Her favorite food: All of them

Pusheen is a pleasantly plump cat who has warmed hearts and tickled funny bones of millions worldwide with her signature GIF animated bops, bounces, and tail wiggles. Now, Pusheen is ready to make the leap from digital to print in her first comic collection! Learn what makes her purr and find out why millions of people have already fallen in love with this naughty, adorable kitty. Featuring some of the most popular stories from Pusheen's Tumblr and Facebook pages (plus a healthy serving of never-before-seen material), I Am Pusheen the Cat is a treat for cat lovers and comics fans alike.


This book is hilarious, and highly entertaining. Having never read any thing on Pusheen until I picked up this book for my daughter, I didn't realize what we were getting ourselves into. Now I get why Pusheen the Cat is such a huge craze. We're the latest victims to become addicted to Pusheen the cat. We breezed through this book one afternoon, and then re-read it again, and have many times since then. It has been a long time since we have laughed so hard reading a book together. Pusheen is a cat we wish we had, and reminds me so much of my cat I had growing up.

What's not to love about Pusheen? Her cat antics are spot on, and laugh out loudable. I'm not sure 'laugh out laudable' is a word, but I'm sure Pusheen would approve to it. Pusheen is proof that cats really do have the best lives. I now understand why Pusheen was an internet sensation prior to this book being released. Pusheen either makes you wish you could be a cat, or if you didn't already love cats, you'll love this cat. If you already loved cats prior to reading this book, then you'll wish you had your own Pusheen the Cat. We can't forget to mention her cute little sister Stormy. 


We've fallen in love with Pusheen the Cat, and we're looking forward to reading more of her books. We highly recommend picking up your own copy of I Am Pusheen The Cat! Here are some of the reasons why we love Pusheen:






4 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Pusheen. (I also love pie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO CUTE :D I want this book too. Ahh. So glad you loved it sweetie :) Thank you for sharing about it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming story. Thanks for introducing me to Pusheen!

    ReplyDelete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~