Harry Potter Fans, don't miss tonight's second annual world wide Harry Potter Book Night! Tonight's theme is the spells from all seven books. There are over 10,000 events happening world wide tonight. Check out the list of locations here. You can also host your own party! Find out more information about it here. Don't forget to get your own Harry Potter Book Night celebration kit, here! Share pictures from your event online via #HarryPotterBookNight
If you're looking for some ideas to host your Harry Potter Book Night, check out the ideas from FirstNews.UK. Check out some of their ideas below:
- Create areas in your house for Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin and decorate them with house colours and emblems. You can recreate house crests or use images of the house emblems (Lion, Badger, Eagle and Snake) as decorations.
- Make some colour changing drinks! To make drinks that look like potions, add drops of different coloured food colouring to paper cups and let them dry. Then when you add water or lemonade your guests will be amazed to see them change colour! To add coloured ice to your drinks, freeze ice cube trays with drops of different coloured food colouring in the water.
- Create a display of potion ingredients. Jars or bottles filled with glitter, twigs, jelly worms, leaves, earth or feathers will look just like potion ingredients.
• Dragon’s blood (water with red food colouring)
• Unicorn hair (silver ribbon or thread)
• Gillyweed (weeds in green water or green ribbon in water)
• Eel’s eyes (small pickled onions)
• Boomslang skin (shredded bandages or fabric with a snake print)