Happy Marvelous Middle Grade Monday!
The demigods are back! Fans have been waiting for a new Rick Riordan series, and now they have one! Not only are fans introduced to new demigods in the, The Trials of Apollo series, it's also told from the point of view of a God himself! The first book in the series, The Hidden Oracle, was released on May 3rd, 2016.
ABOUT THE BOOK
New series from #1 New York Times bestselling author Rick Riordan.
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
The Hidden Oracle is being released with five retail-specific editions that all hit shelves on May 3rd. Each edition includes a unique insert that you can get exclusively from that retailer. Collect them all!
1. Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition includes a Camp Half-Blood letter from Apollo to Zeus!
2. Target Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated map of Apollo’s Trials at Camp Half-Blood
3. Books-a-Million Exclusive Edition includes an Apollo Bumper Sticker (“I’d Rather be Driving by Sun Chariot”)
4. Walmart Exclusive Edition includes a 2-sided bookmark with character art of Apollo and his mortal counterpart, Lester.5. Costco Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated poster depicting the “Plague of Secrets” scene from The Hidden Oracle
ENTER TO WIN
Thank you to Disney, one (1) winner will receive one of the exclusive editions of The Hidden Oracle with a surprise insert!
Giveaway open to US addresses only.
Prizing and samples provided by Disney-Hyperion.
Read an Excerpt at the Official Site
Download the Activity Kit
Embed the Book Trailer (#1)
Embed the Book Trailer (#2)
Learn more at ReadRiordan.com
‘Like’ Percy Jackson on Facebook
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rick Riordan, dubbed “Storyteller of the Gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of three #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, based on Greek mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and the Heroes of Olympus, based on Greek and Roman mythology.
Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. The first book in his Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgardtrilogy based on Norse mythology, The Sword of Summer, also debuted at #1 on the New York Times list.
Rick lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @camphalfblood.
* Per FTC guidelines, Prizing and samples are provided by Disney-Hyperion.