ABOUT THE BOOK
Emily picks up a stone that looks like a cell phone but has unexpected magical powers. It's a Spellstone! Now that she has become an unwilling Stonemaster—one who wields the power of the Stone—she has to figure out Spellstone technology fast if she is to survive a hair-raising adventure among giant dogs, demons, clones, mean girls, and deeply wicked people who want the Stone. A witty tale of a quiet girl who discovers she's a hero when she needs to be. Stonemasters rule!
AUTHOR GUEST POST: Shelfie
Here are some of the things you will find on my bookshelves (other than my own books, which is sort of embarrassing):
- - A complete series of Dragon Ball books in the original Japanese. A long time ago I studied and worked in Japan (I actually graduated with a degree in East Asian Studies), and read the series as a way to improve my Japanese – it’s incredibly inventive, funny and entertaining, the artwork is topnotch, and most importantly, it’s written at just the right level of complexity (Japanese-learners take note: it has furigana next to the kanji so you know the pronunciation without looking them up).
- - Other foreign language books, including lots of novels in Spanish. I speak Spanish, too, and periodically read books in the language so I don’t forget it. I’m fascinated by other languages.
- - Works on philosophy, including the collected works of Montaigne. This are usually gifts from my dad; I’ve even read some of them. Mostly they – like the foreign language books -- are on display to make me look smart.
- - Lots of genre fiction, in particular lots of Elmore Leonard.
- - The complete collection of Diary of a Wimpy Kid and also all the Raina Telgemeier books. My daughter – the owner of those books -- is standing next to me right now and reminded me to include them (I actually think they’re pretty brilliant, too).
* * * * *
Stop by WordSpelunking tomorrow for day #3 the tour!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael Rubens is the author of two YA novels, Sons of the 613 and The Bad Decisions Playlist, and one novel for grownups, The Sheriff of Yrnameer. A correspondent and producer for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, he has also been a producer for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. His writing has appeared in places like The New Yorker’s Daily Shouts, Salon and McSweeney's. He lives with his family in Brooklyn. Visit his website at www.michaelrubens.com.
- One (1) winner will receive signed copies of Spellstone and Michael’s 2 YA novels, Sons of the 613 and The Bad Decisions Playlist, as well as a custom Spellstone phone case!
- Enter via the rafflecopter below
- US Only
- Ends 7/2 at midnight ET
FOLLOW THE TOUR