ABOUT THE BOOK
By: Matt de la Pena
Illustrated by: Loren Long
Published by: Penguin
Released on: January 9th, 2018
Ages: 4 & up
Purchase from: Penguin | Amazon | B&N
Add it to Goodreads
Rating: 5 Owlets
“In the beginning there is light
and two wide-eyed figures standing near the foot of your bed
and the sound of their voices is love.
A cab driver plays love softly on his radio
while you bounce in back with the bumps of the city
and everything smells new, and it smells like life.”
In this heartfelt celebration of love, Newbery Medal-winning author Matt de la Peña and bestselling illustrator Loren Long depict the many ways we experience this universal bond, which carries us from the day we are born throughout the years of our childhood and beyond. With a lyrical text that’s soothing and inspiring, this tender tale is a needed comfort and a new classic that will resonate with readers of every age.
A beautifully illustrated book with an equally beautiful message that will resonate with readers of all ages. This moving book is a reminder of the importance of LOVE, and the role is plays in a child's life. It's also a story that features a wide variety of LOVE in it's different forms. From being taking care of, to spending time with those you love, helping others, the comfort of being held when scared during the night, to enjoying the beauty of the outdoors, and so much more.
LOVE comes in so many different forms. It's evident in the world around us. I absolutely love how this book illustrates love in it's vast and diverse forms. LOVE knows no bounds. That is something both Matt de la Pena and Loren Long bring to life within the pages of this book perfectly.
LOVE is a wonderfully diverse, vibrantly illustrated picture book. Whether you're looking for the perfect book to read to your young child, or looking for a book to gift someone you love who's venturing out on their away, or traveling far away, this book makes the perfect gift. It's a reminder that love will be with them on their way, and it will connect you while you're apart.
* If you're looking to add this book for educational purposes, this book is written so that readers age of will understand it's message. Depending on the age of your reader audience will depend on the depth of the conversation you have about love. For older readers, you can have a much more in-depth conversation about all that love is and what it encompasses.
BLOG TOUR FEATURE
For today's post, I recently had the chance to ask a group of 5th graders what they thought, "LOVE IS". Below is a picture of their answers I wrote down on the posit notes provided for today's blog tour. I absolutely love the answers they came up with.
Similar to that of the picture book, LOVE, many of their answers about what love is to them, were the priceless ones. Some of their answers include:
LOVE IS ....
- My dad making me laugh
- My parents having my back
- My parents loving me no matter what
- My mom making me her best pancakes
- Spending time with my parents
- My parents teaching me things that will help me when I'm older
- Taking care of pet
- Caring for someone
- Having food to eat
- Having a roof over my head
- Having clothes to wear
- When my parents are there for me
- Being you
- Helping others
* Thank you to Penguin Random House for providing me a copy of this book to review, as well as inviting me to be apart of their promotional book tour.