There are a lot of great new middle grade and kid lit books that have recently been released. These books are great for summer reading lists as well as current reading lists. Harper Collins Children's Books has made it incredibly easy for me to feature some of their most recent buzz worthy middle grade books. Thank you to them, we recently received a box of their newest releases. We are really looking forward to reading these books. Check out some of their newest books for readers 8 - 12 years old.
From Harper Collins, here's a little bit about each book:
- BAT AND THE WAITING GAME by Elana K. Arnold, released on 3/27/18, this book is for ages 6 & up. It's the second book in a funny, heartfelt, irresistible and widely acclaimed young middle grade series starring an unforgettable young boy on the autism spectrum.
- ELEMENTALS: ICE WOLVES by Amie Kauffman, released on 3/28/18, for readers 8 & up. This is the first book in an electrifying new fantasy series about children who can shapeshift into torch dragons and ice wolves.
- INTO THE NIGHTFELL WOOD by Kristin Bailey, released on 4/3/18, for ages 8 & up. This action packed sequel to The Silver Gate follows two siblings and the fractured world they inherit when they are adopted by a grieving queen.
- FOLLOWING BAXTER by Barbara Kerley, released on 4/3/18, for readers 8 & up. This story is a heart-warming adventure for fans of The Fourteenth Goldfish, and A Snicker of Magic, starring 11 year old Jordie, a quirky professor, and a magical dog.
- MAGGIE & ABBY'S NEVERENDING PILLOW FORT by Will Taylor, released on 4/3/18, for readers 8 & up. The first book in a sparkling middle grade magical realism debut duology about two best friends who discover a portal through their living room pillow fort.
- TOM'S MIDNIGHT GARDEN GRAPHIC NOVEL by Philippa Pearce, released on 4/3/18, for ages 8 & up. This exquisite graphic novel adaptation from award winning artist EDITH of the classic, Carnegie Medal winning Tom's Midnight Garden, brings a beloved tale to a new audience and format.
Many of these titles can be purchased from your favorite book retailer. To find out more about each book, please click on the title link to be taken to the Harper Collins information page for each book. We'll be posting our reviews for each of these books over the next few weeks. Happy Reading!