Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Lost Kindgoms by Matthew J. Kirby, Want To Read Wednesday

If you're like me, you either have a pile, or a bookcase (or two bookcases) full of books that have already been out that are waiting to be read. Or maybe you've been so crazy busy with life this year that you've not had a chance to keep up with all the releases that have either happened or will be happening. Since both of these ring true to me, I decided to change things up a bit, and instead of doing my Waiting on Wednesday feature, I'm going to be doing a Want to Read Wednesday. This way I can feature a title that either I've been waiting to read, that's been sitting on my shelves begging me to pick or one that's an upcoming release.

Today's first Want to Read Wednesday: The Lost Kingdom by Matthew J. Kirby

 By: Matthew J Kirby
Published by: Scholastic
Released on: 8/27/13
Purchase it from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Add it to Goodreads

A remarkable adventure by award-winning author Matthew J. Kirby brings a fantastical American West filled with secrets and spies and terrifying creatures to vivid life.

In this extraordinary adventure story, Billy Bartram, his father, and a secret society of philosophers and scientists venture into the American wilderness in search of the lost people of the Welsh Prince Madoc, seeking aid in the coming war against the French. Traveling in a flying airship, the members of the expedition find their lives frequently endangered in the untamed American West by terrifying creatures, a party of French soldiers hot on their trail, and the constant threat of traitors and spies. Billy will face hazards greater than he can ever imagine as, together with his father, he gets caught up in the fight for the biggest prize of all: America.


THE LOST KINGDOM is an epic journey filled with marvelous exploits, courage and intrigue, and a bold reimagining of a mythical America. Matthew J. Kirby brings his signature storytelling prowess and superb craft to this astonishing story of fathers and sons, the beginnings of a nation, and wonder-filled adventure.


I'm sold on "a fantastical American West", comment. Plus, check out that cover. I want to learn more about the flying ship. I'm looking forward to picking this one up!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this cover too :) It's so pretty. <3 Awesome pick. I hope you will love this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one "I want to read it" a week? If your bookshelf and TBR piles are anything like mine, this will take YEARS to cover. ;-) This looks like a terrific book. Now I have to get it and add it to my TBR pile (sigh), but I will put it near the top. Thanks for telling me about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have two book cases over filling with MG books to read/review. One day I hope to catch up on all the books waiting to be read.

      Delete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~