Hello and welcome to today's Month9 blog tour for Shannon Duffy's Gabriel Stone and the Divinity of Valta. I'm excited to have Shannon Duffy on the blog today.
Hi Shannon! Thank you for stopping by Mundie Kids today to share with us your list of 10 Things You Like:
- Reality TV. I’m addicted to it. Hehe. I love almost all of them—XFactor, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, The Voice, Survivor, The Bachelor/Bachelorette. So, yeah, I have to DVR them and spread them out over the week because I only watch TV at night. I even went to a live taping of XFactor and Dancing with the Stars last year—one word—Awesome.
- Reading those trashy magazines. You know the ones you get at the grocery store and can indulge in for a long time? I know a lot of the stories are made-up, but who doesn’t love all of those glam pictures?!
- Fancy coffees from Starbucks. I love me some white chocolate peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice latte, and even a skinny vanilla latte. Yummo!
- French Fries—they’re so not good for you, but try telling that to my mouth? I love them splattered with ketchup and have to indulge in these babies from time-to-time.
- MAC makeup. I own way too much of this stuff for it to not be a guilty pleasure. I love the stuff and could probably start up my own store soon if I wanted. But I wouldn’t cause I couldn’t part with my collection.
- Splurge shopping—shoes, clothes, purses, you name it—I love it.
- Accents. I could listen to a guy with an accent speak all day. British, Italian. Sex-ay.
- The Vampire Diaries—can’t get enough of Daemon and Stefan. I mean, seriously Daemon is so freaking hot, right? And I love vampires.
- Spending way too much time on Twitter. And with my trusty iPhone, I don’t have to part from that pleasure for long.
- Movie theatre popcorn. Other than eating it at the theatre, sometimes I’ll even go there to buy it, then bring it home to watch a movie on the weekends. Nothing beats it. Add a dash of white cheddar and it’s even better.
Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog today!~Shannon
About The Book:
Gabriel Stone and the Divinity of Valta is a magical, fast-paced story that takes readers on a journey they won’t soon forget. It has enough mystery, intrigue and wonder to keep readers up, lamp lit, and reading into the night.
Gabriel Stone is a twelve-year-old boy still reeling from the unsolved disappearance of his mother. With a dad who’s hard to relate to, and mounting pressures at school, Gabriel lets off steam by hiking in the place where his mother was last seen. There, Gabe and friends find a crystal that proves not only beautiful, but magical beyond their wildest dreams. Only, magic and beauty come with a price: in order to return home, they must save the dying world of Valta.
GABRIEL STONE AND THE DIVINITY OF VALTA is perfect for the classroom. Reading and Teacher Guides are available. Contact Caroline Patty at: email@example.com to request guides. GABRIEL STONE AND THE DIVINITY OF VALTA also makes a great gift for readers ages 9 and up who enjoy fantasy stories like THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA and THE BRIDGE TO TARABITHIA.
Month9Books, a new publisher of speculative fiction for teens and tweens, launches its inaugural list on January 1, 2013 with the release of GABRIEL STONE AND THE DIVINITY OF VALTA, a middle grade title from Canadian author, Shannon Duffy, whose first title, a young adult paranormal romance, SPECTRAL, was published in April 2012 from Tribute Books.
ABOUT SHANNON DUFFY
Shannon Duffy grew up on the beautiful east coast of Canada, and now lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and son, Gabriel. She’s mom to one boy, and several pets. Shannon loves writing, reading, working out, soccer, and the sport of champions: shopping. Shannon Duffy is available for quotes, signings, video or podcast appearances, and all opportunities relative to GABRIEL STONE AND THE DIVINITY OF VALTA.
GABRIEL STONE AND THE WRATH OF THE SOLARIAN, Book 2 in the Gabriel Stone series will be available from Month9Books in February 2014!
Month 9 Books is a publisher of speculative fiction for teens and tweens… where nothing is as it seems. Month9Books will donate proceeds from each of its annual charity anthologies to a deserving charity. Individually, authors may donate his or her advances and royalties to a charitable organization. Month9Books will also release 10-12 non-charitable titles annually. GABRIEL STONE AND THE DIVINITY OF VALTA is Month9Books’s first Middle Grade release. Month9Books is distributed by Small Press United, a division of IPG. You may visit www.month9books.com for more information.
GABRIEL STONE AND THE DIVINITY OF VALTA blog tour:
February 11-Mundie Kids
February 12-I’m a Reader, Not a Writer
February 13-Wonderful Bookshelf of Jaz
February 14-Fantasy’s Ink
February 15-Rose Garcia Books
February 16-I Write For Apples
February 17-Starting the Next Chapter
February 18-Bookshelf Banter
February 19-Mad Musings of Mastermind
February 20-Moosubi Reviews
February 21-Writer’s Alley
February 22-Jeanz Book Read N Review