If you're looking for some great tools to aid in your children's summer reading, check out Brightly (www.readbrightly.com). This is an awesome new website that Penguin Random House has created to aid parents for summer reading, as well as aid in raising life long readers.
About The Site
The site is a Penguin Random House initiative that shares book recommendations from all publishers for every age and stage of reader--from toddlers to teens to grown-ups. On Brightly you'll find essays from authors, insights from illustrators, tips and advice on raising readers, seasonal inspirations, and more. Check them out here www.readbrightly.com.
Now that school’s out, Brightly has created Summer Reading Fun Packs to keep kids reading and help families survive the summer months. Brightly offers three Summer Reading Fun Packs created for different ages and stages: Pre-K, growing readers, and tweens.
The packs include:
- Ultimate Summer Reading Lists—combat the summer slide and make reading fun with Brightly’s book recommendations for preschoolers, 6-8 year olds, and 9-12 year olds.
- Engaging Audiobooks for Family Travel—cheer for traffic as you enjoy a shared reading experience with your preschooler, growing reader, and tween.
- Learning Games for Car Trips—play your way to your destination and put an end to “are we there yet”.
- Kindergarten Readiness—discover ten things you can do to at home to get your child ready for the transition.
- Summer Learning Loss Prevention—tips and advice to prevent brain drain in 6-8 year olds and tweens.
- Printables—hands-on activities, puzzles, Mad Libs, coloring, and more.
There's definitely something for everyone on Brightly. Whether for children, tweens, teens or parents. I highly recommend checking them out. A great thing about Brightly, is you can take it with you on the go! Brightly works great on an hand held device, or laptop, (at least it has on our devices so far).
Give them try, and get your kids hooked on Summer Reading!