Monday, October 23, 2017

October Middle Grade Must Reads


Happy Marvelous Middle Grade Monday! Fall has kicked off to a great start with the variety of middle grade and and children's book releases. With the end of October creeping up on us, I thought I'd make a list of a few titles I'd recommend checking out before the month is over. 


  1. The Dreadful Tale of Propser Redding by Alexandra Bracken
  2. Snow & Rose by Emily Winfield Martin
  3. The Apprentice Witch by James Nicol
  4. The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell
  5. The Mistress of all Evil: A Tales of the Dark Fairy 
  6. The Empty Grave by Jonathan Stroud
  7. Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scary Tales by Kiersten White 
  8. Stick Dog Craves Candy by Tom Watson
  9. Lock & Key: The Initiation / The Downward Spiral by Ridley Pearson
  10. Coco: A Story About Music, Shoes and Family by Diana Lopez

Also worth checking out, and recently reviewed on the blog;
Have some favorite Halloween reads? We'd love to hear your recommendations. Please leave us a comment below!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to save this and offer some of them in my upcoming giveaway hops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new favorite is The Peculiar Incident on Shady Street. Quite creepy but in a really good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you for the recommendation. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  3. Eee, bunch of lovely books :D I have Snow & Rose, and I cannot wait to read it. Hoping it will be amazing. <3 And The Silver Mask too :)

    ReplyDelete

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. ~ Anna Quindlen

Good children's literature appeals not only to
the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child.
~ Anonymous ~