Welcome to the next stop in the DRAGONS LOVE TACOS blog tour, hosted by Penguin. Today's stop is a fun one! I've got your check list for hosting a taco party for Dragons, as well as my review and a GIVEAWAY! First, here's a little bit about the book.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Illustrated by: Daniel Salmieri
Published by: Penguin
Released on: June 12th, 2014
Purchase from: Penguin | Amazon | B&N
Add it to Goodreads
Rating: 4 Owlets - We Enjoyed It
Book provided by the publisher in exchange for my honest review
Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa . . . oh, boy. You’re in red-hot trouble.
Highly entertaining! I've heard so many great things about this book, and wish I hadn't waited so long to read it. Who would have thought that a story about tacos, dragons, and a taco party would be a hit. This book is down right hilarious.
Who would have known that dragons love tacos. They love the kind of tacos my kids love. The kind without salsa. Trust me, if you read this story, you'll know why dragons do NOT like spicy salsa. If fact, you're going to be in big trouble if they eat a taco with salsa on it. Salsa aside, dragons a definitely fun party animals. Now I want to find a dragon or two and invite them over for a party.
An entertaining story with fun illustrations, this book is one that will hold even short attention spans. Perfect for toddlers on up, I can see why this book is a favorite among kids picture books. If you love dragons, tacos, and laughing, you need to read this book!
TACO PARTY CHECKLIST
If you love dragons, tacos, and taco parties, keep reading. I'm going to tell you how all the things you'll need to have a fun taco party with dragons. After all, dragons love tacos, and parties, so why not combine both things.
- First you're going to need to know a few dragons in order to invite them over. Though, I'm guessing if you don't know any and you made a sign that said TACO PARTY, DRAGONS INVITED, a few may show up.
- Second, wait, don't make the sign yet! If you make the sign and aren't ready for the party, the dragons will show up.
- The first thing we have to do is get all the fixings for the tacos. Make sure you have taco shells, the taco meat, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Do NOT forget dragons do NOT like spicy things, or spicy salsa.
- DO NOT have spicy salsa or seasoning anywhere near your home.
- Get your party all set up. If you decide on a theme, decorate for it. Are you having a pool taco party, a costume taco party or just a fun taco party?
- Remember, Dragons love parties. If you know of some dragons, send out invitations to them. If not, see step #1.
- Next, you'll need to get the party set up. Get tables set up, and leave plenty of room for the dragons to fit. You don't need to worry about plates. Just leave huge piles of tacos on all the tables, plus any extra lettuce, cheese, onions and tomatoes you cut up, in bowls on each of the tables.
- Now you wait for the dragons to arrive.
- Once the dragons arrive, you're TACO PARTY can begin!
- Remember, NO SALSA! If you accidentally have salsa in your house, and the dragons find it, RUN.
That's all you're need to remember to have a taco party with dragons. I highly recommend reading the book to get the best list. Adam knows how to throw the best taco party for dragons. Hmmm, maybe we should add inviting the author on the list, because he'll know how to help incase we need it.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Don't miss picking up the sequel when it's out! Find out more and pre-order your copy of DRAONGS LOVE TACOS 2, The Sequel, here: www.dragonslovetacos2.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Adam Rubin is the New York Times best-selling author of a half dozen critically-acclaimed picture books including Secret Pizza Party and Robo-Sauce. He spent ten years working as a creative director in the advertising industry before leaving his day job to write full time. Adam has a keen interest in improv comedy, camping and magic tricks.
ABOUT THE ILLUSTRATOR
Daniel Salmieri has illustrated many fantastic picture books, including the New York Times bestseller Robo-Sauce. He grew up in Brooklyn, New York, constantly drawing and painting images of ninja turtles, dinosaurs, and fighter jets (not in the same scene...), and graduated from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
ENTER TO WIN
Enter for a chance to win one (1) of five (5) Dragons Love Tacos Book and Toy Sets (ARV: $17.99 each).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter between Eastern Time on April 3, 2017 and on . Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 and older. Winners will be selected at random on or about May 5, 2017. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
April 3 – Pirates n’ Pixie Dust – Taco Scavenger Hunt
April 4 – Margie’s Must Reads – Review + Recipe
April 5 – A Story a Day – Review + Taco Craft
April 6 – The Book Shire – Review
April 7 – Swoony Boys Podcast – Recipe + Taco Craft
April 10 – Ali’s Book Nook – Review + Recipe
April 11 – Mundie Kids – Review + Taco Party Checklist
April 12 – The Children’s Book Review – When You Invite a Dragon to Dinner…
April 13 – Reading is Better with Cupcakes – A World Without Tacos?!
April 14 – My Bookbloom – Review + Taco Activity
As They Grow Up – Review –
The Book Nut – Taco Soup Recipe –
YA Book Nerd – Missing Taco Hunt –
Inspiration Laboratories – Dragons Love Tacos Birthday Party –
In Wonderland – Review + Taco Salad Recipe –
A Homeschool Mom – Review + Chili Pepper Experiment –
The Plot Bunny – Review + Recipe –
No BS Book Reviews – Taco Craft –
My Little Poppies – Review –
Happily Ever Elephants – Review –